Tuesday, November 3, 2009

part of the weekend never dies

"what's a four letter word for the most legendary weekend ever? It ain't epic... it ain't sick... it's HARD. oh sheeeeeit" -bae

Ahh, the weekends. What will we do without 'em
This weekend was just.. pure legend. Every second is worth talking about. I can't even summarize what happened
Twas all a fmly reunion. I even got to see people I haven't seen since graduation!
Friday was awesome, but it started out blehh... Filled with drama llamas. A friend of mine got his and his friend's tickets snatched while in line. He ran after him and got into a fistfight, but his glasses fell off. He was blind without 'em, so that ass got away. On top of that, one of my friends lost her ticket on the way. J found a legit ticket on the floor while in line, but found out that the ticket he bought for $130 was counterfeit, so he took it instead. She had no choice but to stay behind and her boyfriend stayed with back at Randy's.
Fackin' shady people dude. Whatever happened to reppin' PLUR (Peace.Love.Unity.Respect)?
My favorite DJs that night in this order: 2ManyDJs, Bloody Beetroots, Deadmau5
2ManyDJs was just funfunfun. He covered all aspects of music including rock, hiphop, 90s elektro, and even some slow jams. Hah, my hero.
Bloody Beetroots.. all I can say is WOOP WOOP!
Deadmau5.. I guess I was just too hyped up for him. I mean c'mon, I listen to this dude's music everyday, he has such a massive following of fans, and his music is just ART. I was a little disappointed of how he was live. But ya know, he's young. In a few years, he'll hit the textbooks, yo. But yeah, even more disappointed that my perception was enhanced when he played (if ya know wha I mean heheh :] )
After that, AFTER PARTYIN' IT UP! I had some really dank 420.. Blueberry kush. One HUGE hit from a bong and I was GONE. Like, two levels above faded. If there is such a thing. Not even in a dimension. I felt like a dimension was being exploded to birth. Slow as fuck, and everyone was mufflin-talkin. Knocked out?

Saturday, woke up with a smile, went home, took a shower, and then it was back at Randy's. The group was much smaller since they were going to Monster Massive. Watched some Footloose (This movie is so 80s. AHA) while waiting and the budddddies finally came. Got there, and to my surprise, Deadmau5 was playing again! Ahoy! I was flubbergusted (spell?) and excited, cuz I could listen to him with perception-enhancing substances now! STOKED AS FUCK!
We all got in, did it, and went to go see who was playing. Major Lazer played and man, he's sooooo good. Diplo and Switch, what can go wrong? His set made me feel like I was in a rave in Jamaica. Oh man, one day that'll happen, but yeah. EPIC EPIC EPICKPKDSIJD! Everything was a blur afterwards (Hahaha). Lili and I were chillin' for a bit, and spontaneously found the weirdest/chillest place down the stairs of the Shrine. I think we went backstage or something. I dunno, but we weren't supposed to be there. We went down these stairs and found this dressing-roomish place. Mirrors and lights, sinks and dripping water. It was completely silent.. kinda hard to believe since there were 938395839 dancing&screaming people just a level right above us. We heard a little bit of the song through the pipes going through the ceiling.
We called that place the "White Room". Poetic, hah.
We went up and listened to Deadmau5. He was definitely better the second time. <3
I met lots of chill people, though there was this guy trippin' really bad on shrooms there..
Advice: Don't do shrooms at concerts/raves/places where there are a lot of people you don't know!
Again, everything was a blur. My favorites of that night in order: Basement Jaxx, Modeselektor, Deadmau5, Justice, Major Lazer. :))))))
AFTER PARTYIN' IT UP AGAIN cept this time was better. Hahahaha, not going into details.

This weekend was amazing, and I fuckin' can't wait for TAO (Together As One). For those of you reading, if you've never been to a rave/DJ concert before, you should! It's definitely an experience you should try once in yo life.
NEW YEARSSSSSS ahhhhhhh only two months..
Hard NYE vs TAO? Idk.. but it's for me, it's TAO for nao.

No comments: