Tuesday, February 23, 2010

ding ding ding ding! JOB ACQUIRED.

So, important announcement! (well for me at least)

I GOT A FUCKING JOB!!!!!

hint hint: it's where the stones are cold.

answer: coldstones!

YAHHHH-FUCKN-TZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The interview process was kind of a headache for me. And I mean that literally.
Yup. I had a hangover. Got home earlier that day at 6 in the morning from a crazy party, and little did I know that I had a job interview in 7 hours at 1pm for Coldstone's. Now how bout that. Ahhhh
So I went and it turned out to be a group interview. Actually, it wasn't even an interview. It was a fuckin' audition.
First, they asked me to introduce myself and I was like okay cool, I could do this.
...then they asked me to "bust a move". I was like say whaaaaAA? *windows crashing noise*
So, I did what I do best: jerked. They didn't look impressed, but fuck I didn't care. I had a damn hangover!
The others did their own thing, stanky leg, wave, yaddi yadda.
Then they asked us to pick a song from a list and sing.
At this point my jaw dropped to the floor. Well, more like I imagined it in my head.
I pick and sang one pretty horribly. I was the only dude out of the group of four being auditioned. They all had pretty good voices. D'oh!
Finally, they made us make our OWN song. But not just any song, a rap. "A rap?! Are you kidding me, miss?!" My knees felt like rubber, but I got myself to think out a few sentences and I rapped it with my shoes tapping a beat.
Finally, she let us go and told us she'd contact us soon. "No news is bad news" which means no call meant I didn't get it.
Days passed. No call. A week passed. No call. Two weeks later, I finally get a call and then I find out I got the job.
LOLWUT???????!
-------------------------------
As far as the job goes, it's very.... work-like. It's my first job, so I'm just trying to get the hang of it. What sucks is that, you're always under surveillance by the boss (she has cameras in her office), there's always something to do, and the boss gets anal about doing things and having friends visit.
But a job's a job. I'll get the hang of it soon, even though she didn't really teach me everything I need to know. *cough cough* how to make a shake *cough cough* Customer comes in, asks for a shake, and I'm just standing there lookin like a dufus thinkin "uhhh, Betty didn't teach me how to make a shake. fuck."
But other than that, I'm starting to enjoy having a job. Once I get that check, baby.... DOUGH MAKIN'
I really need to save up cash for the week in New York during Spring Break with my tightest friend Amanda Navarro. So stoked. Possibly the only motivation for working there.
But yeah guys, come visit! If the boss ain't there, I'll hook you up. =)
Don't tip, though. Cuz then I'd have to sing.
"A scoopin' we will go
A mixin' we will go
High ho the dairy o'
We thank you for your dough"
plafugh. T_T

No comments: