Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sorry bout the hiatus

Sorry bout the hiatus guys!
Combo of laziness and busy-ness kicked in. Arghh..
Let's see what's there to say...
-------
PROM? Yeah, prom.
I really hate how the school complicates things. It's as if they don't want us to have a good education or a good life here. One of the things I was really excited about being a senior was prom.
THE teenage event. The night every kid won't forget. All that flashy clothes, hawt music, and sheeeit.
Now? I'm less than looking forward to it. I'm going with low expectations that's for sure.
The school is making us go through this pain-in-the-ass process of getting a blue slip signed and they only allow cash to purchase the prom tickets. Oh, and on top of that, for some reason we can't bring water bottles, eye drops, glow-in-the-dark items, and gum or mints to prom. Uh, okay.
First off, we're going to be sweating our asses off in a room where 23828389 other students are going to be, and I wouldn't like sweating in a rented tux, so I don't see why water bottles are taboo to bring. Do they think we're trying to sneak in vodka or somefin?
Eye drops? Well, a lot of students are wearing contacts. I don't see why this isn't allowed to be brung as well. Again, maybe they think we're trying to sneak in alcohol? But it's so fucking small. WTF
Glow-in-the-dark items? Wait. I don't get it. What's so bad about glowing? And it's not like we're going to be in the dark. At least, I hope we're not.
Gums and mints? HELLO MR. SCHOOL. IT'S PROM. People are going to be kissing and maybe doing something more intimate. Either way, I'm sure bad breath won't prevent make-outs. Oh well. But shit, this is so unecessary.
These rules.... 'nuff said.
$110 for prom tickets AND $55 for limo AND $60 for tux rent. SO FUCKING EXPENSIVE. PROM BETTER BE WORTH IT.
--------------------
I think my dad's having a mental breakdown again... He's going into that stage again. He doesn't sound like his usual self.
He suffers from schizophrenia and Type 2 Diabetes, so he sometimes would get these mental state fluctuations...
Unfortunately, it came during the time when I needed his help the most... And now, I feel like it's driving my mom crazy. She's definitely been screaming a lot more than usual.
I wonder if it all started because of my brother... Ugh, fuck that dude.
Anyways, I hope it goes away soon...
Some weird things he's been saying lately...
"I changed because God changed my personality and genes!" OH MY GOD, crazy.
"I'm not crazy!" Dad, crazy people don't know that they're crazy. That's why they're crazy.
And some weird signs...
He's been waking up WAY earlier, because he claims "God has made him healthier."
I'm sorry, but even though I'm atheist, a Christian can realize that my dad's nuts. Jeez dad.
Please return.
-------------------------
So graduation is just around the corner, and I'm failing English. The required class to graduate. I'm basically fucked, because there is just SOOO much shit to do to get myself up to a D. Ms. Votto is a great teacher and all, but she gives us TOO much work. Literally TOO much work. AP English, I'm not so sure about, but for Honors English?
OH BOY.
Hopefully I manage to pass the class... It would suck phenomenally if I end up not graduating. My life would be living hell... Fuck.
SO MUCH SHIT TO CATCH UP ON AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! FML.
------------------------
So I went to SMC for counseling and all, and unfortunately, that shit was no help. I waited an hour and ended up getting a meeting that lasted 5 minutes. Her name was MS. Quinonez or some shit, and all she did was just ask me about my major, click some things on the internet, and drink some cola crap. Bam. Done.
Thanks lady. Big help, you were.
So, I went through all the classes of what I wanted and should take. I enrolled in English, Math, Film Studies, and Philosophy. Definitely excited for the latter two.
I'm kinda excited about college now. I hear a lot of mixed feelings about SMC... I hear the campus is really pretty and most of the professors are really good, but I hear the parking completely sucks and you basically have no social life because people here are reserved in their own cliques and are close-minded which I totally am not. But let's see.
I'll put my charisma skills to the test.
----------------
OH YEAH! OAKGROVE!
To be honest, Oakgrove wasn't as good as I thought it to be. And I had pretty low expectations...
A lot of first-timers came, so that was kinda a part of the reason why. They didn't really step out of their comfort zones and just hung around with people they already knew.
I got in trust group 2 with two council members which was pretty cool. David and Will. Both great people. The rest of the members were Alec, Jasmine, Angelica and alumni Sara. <3 style="font-style: italic;">at all. I did get close with a few people though.
Lili and I dancin' to some electro tunes and saying weird things (We were tired) and making inside jokes (PFOOOOO/The reward is cheese!)
I went with some friends to see the sun rise which sucked as well..
I didn't know the sun took SO long to rise! Hahhaa. It took 40 minutes for it to finally go up, and we saw it for only a minute when it finally came up. Wowzers.
Anyways, Oakgrove in general was different. It always is different, but it was different in the negative sense. It was still good, but it definitely had the potential to be immensly better.
I'm going to miss it :(
------------------------------
You guys, we need to come up with a senior prank ASAP!
---------
My fingers hurt. I'm tired. Peace out homies.

No comments: